Skip to main content

Wet Pot Wednesday: Getting Back in the Groove

My mom and I started our pottery class again tonight and we both had a little trouble getting back into our pottery groove. I'm very happy to FINALLY be back in pottery class!

At the end of the last class, I had a really hard time remembering all the things I made and that made it nearly impossible to find my things among the mountains of unglazed pottery. So my goal this time around is it document all my pots the night I make them, thus: Wet Pot Wednesday.

This is what I ended up with tonight:



After I cut the altered form vase off the bat, I realized that I forgot to trim up the bottom. I can't put it back on the wheel to trim the bottom because the top isn't round. So I'll be trimming this one by hand...something to remember next time.




I'm trying to be really creative with my shapes because my dad told me I'm not allowed to bring home anything that goes in the cupboard--they're absolutely stuffed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Floral Watercolor 5

I got a new handmade watercolor pallet from Designs by Rachel Beth on Etsy and I couldn't wait to try it. I'm pretty excited about how this one turned out-- especially the yellow rose shape. That one didn't turn out so great the last time I tried it. I think using a smaller brush helped.

I Did It!

This post has nothing to do with painting of any kind, but something much more important, to me at least. It is my biggest accomplishment thus far and I wanted to write down my thoughts and feelings, while I still have them. I graduated from college yesterday. I spent the last five years attending Westminster College and yesterday was a day that I wasn't sure would ever come. I majored in Aviation: Flight Operations and spent much of my time at the airport, flying airplanes. I haven't flown in a while but I think I ended up with about 350 hours. I earned my private, instrument, commercial, and multi-engine ratings. Toward the end of my education, I decided that flying probably isn't for me. This change of heart was a result of many things, but most of all because my eyes were opened to all the other opportunities in the aviation industry. There is a place for me out there, somewhere. I just need to find it. I was originally pursuing an art minor, which is why it took me

White Poinsettia

I love painting poinsettias. It's a rather simple flower and the layers and shadows make it a lot of fun to paint. I have painted a few red poinsettias, but never any white. I've always been intimidated by the white ones-- until now! It turns out they're not that hard to paint at all. I especially had fun with different tones of white in this one.