Skip to main content

And the Soldering Continues...

I really think I am getting the hang of this soldering stuff. The beveled glass is still tough though. The darn thing just won't hold still.

The soldering kit my mom bought came with little 0.5x1 inch tiles and we weren't sure what to do with them. My idea was to put letters in them because who doesn't like wearing their first initial around their neck? I made one for myself and one for my mom. The first one turned out pretty bad...good thing I made it for myself! The second one turned out much better.


And on the back, I just soldered the whole thing:


The monarch butterfly wing pendant (my new favorite):


with the charms
These are some my mom made using some of my doodles. I really like how they turned out; she has a good eye:


The soldering on these could use some fixin'. I was out of patience when I was finishing them. I'll touch them up on another day, when my soldering skills are fresh.

Comments

  1. Emily--these are so wonderful. Will you show me and my daughter how to make these? I'll call you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to show you! Just let me know when you'd like to do it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Modern Floral Watercolor 5

I got a new handmade watercolor pallet from Designs by Rachel Beth on Etsy and I couldn't wait to try it. I'm pretty excited about how this one turned out-- especially the yellow rose shape. That one didn't turn out so great the last time I tried it. I think using a smaller brush helped.

I Did It!

This post has nothing to do with painting of any kind, but something much more important, to me at least. It is my biggest accomplishment thus far and I wanted to write down my thoughts and feelings, while I still have them. I graduated from college yesterday. I spent the last five years attending Westminster College and yesterday was a day that I wasn't sure would ever come. I majored in Aviation: Flight Operations and spent much of my time at the airport, flying airplanes. I haven't flown in a while but I think I ended up with about 350 hours. I earned my private, instrument, commercial, and multi-engine ratings. Toward the end of my education, I decided that flying probably isn't for me. This change of heart was a result of many things, but most of all because my eyes were opened to all the other opportunities in the aviation industry. There is a place for me out there, somewhere. I just need to find it. I was originally pursuing an art minor, which is why it took me

White Poinsettia

I love painting poinsettias. It's a rather simple flower and the layers and shadows make it a lot of fun to paint. I have painted a few red poinsettias, but never any white. I've always been intimidated by the white ones-- until now! It turns out they're not that hard to paint at all. I especially had fun with different tones of white in this one.